Join us on Saturday, May 13, 2017, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, at UUCSH for “Being a Healing Presence”, a training in Pastoral Care Lay Ministry, (sponsored by the Central East Region of the UUA) for embodied learning about:
- Creating and managing a congregationally-based pastoral care team
- Fundamental principles and skills of pastoral care-giving
- Active listening
- Visiting in institutional settings
- Understanding the dynamics of grief and loss
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Creating healthy boundaries
- Managing stress and taking care of yourself
Cost is $40 per person and covers the workshop, lunch, and snacks. Registration Deadline is May 10, 2017. REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
- Sign-in and morning snacks 9:30-10:00
- Programming 10:00-3:00
- Lunch Break 1:00-1:30
- Wholesome lunch and snacks (some vegan items) provided.