A quick overview of the assorted activities happening on Sunday June 19…Religious Education-related and otherwise!
1. Girls on the Run 5K– the 5K road race will begin at 9:30 a.m. and the course goes right in front of UUCSH along East Cliff Street. Plan to arrive early to avoid road closures or be prepared to park farther away and walk a few blocks to UUCSH. 45 N. Gaston Ave. parking lot is USUALLY available to park at but sometimes the road closures vary.
AND…more importantly…let’s cheer on the runners and walkers! As I’m always at UUCSH early on Sundays I’ll be cheering on the participants shortly after 9:30 a.m. I’ll have supplies in fellowship hall to make poster board signs for anyone that can make it early.
2. T-SHIRTS! As Scott Kitchen noted, all are invited to wear their favorite t-shirts to worship service- this goes for children too! Even though children will begin in chapel in fellowship hall at 10 a.m. part of the chapel will include an opportunity for children to share on their favorite t-shirt.
3. CARDS FOR ORLANDO– Some people got to make cards Tuesday night at the vigil and we will include some time to make more cards for friends and family of the Orlando massacre victims in chapel and during coffee hour.
4. LETTERS TO POLITICIANS– thanks to the many people who added their names to the letters to NJ politicians regarding addressing gun violence. There are additional form letters available for people to fill out during coffee hour.
5. CHILDREN’S CHAPEL on MIRACLES– the summer chapels will be using the Miracles curriculum. If you miss some Sundays you can still look at all the workshops online. The first workshop will be stretched out over June 19 and June 26.
And if that weren’t a full enough Sunday for you, I know it is also Father’s Day! Happy Father’s Day to all who have served in that role!