YUUR Voice In Trenton
By Rev. Craig Hirshberg, Exec. Director
The UU Legislative Ministry’s Annual Plenary meeting will be held April 20 at the Washington Crossing Congregation. Rev. Bob Moore of the Coalition for Peace Action will address “The Faith Communities Response to Gun Violence.” Each issue task force will meet to plan and strategize. And a special training will be provided for liaisons and volunteers. Registration is free, but a donation is requested to cover the cost of lunch and materials. To register just go to https://www.formdesk.com/uuforms/UULMNJ
Other UULMNJ Highlights:
• Lobbying day on March 21 to overturn the veto of the fracking waste ban. To register, go to Event Brite: http://frackingwaste.eventbrite.com/
• New Jersey gun violence prevention legislation is expected to surface in the NJ Senate by the end of April. Your congregational liaison will have details as they emerge.
• Free Screening of “Living for 32” about the Virginia Tech shootings will be shown at the Morristown fellowship on Saturday, April 6 at 7:30 PM. For more info contact: email@example.com
• A Marriage Equality Resolution, sponsored by Morristown, Plainfield, Princeton and Summit congregations will be presented for adoption at the UU Metro District Annual Meeting on May 3-4. A Marriage Equality rally will be held at the Village Green in Morristown on May 3 at 5 PM.
• Local legislators are beginning to learn about Unitarian Universalism from their constituents. Washington Crossing and Princeton met with District 15 and District 16 representatives to talk about UULMNJ key issues. If your congregation is interested in doing the same, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get copies of the UULMNJ legislative packet.
• There will be an Immigration Forum in Princeton on April 21 at 1 PM. It will be moderated by Ted Fetter, theUULMNJ Immigration task force chair and will be videotaped for use in other congregations.
Hope to see you all at Washington Crossing on April 20!