We invite you to visit our liberal religious church and to participate in worship, faith development, fellowship, social action and service projects. We welcome children, teens and adults; singles, couples and families. At the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Somerset Hills (UUCSH), you can celebrate your unique blend of race, ethnicity, beliefs, politics, gender, sexual orientation, lifestyle, and…personality!
You may also want to visit our About Unitarian Universalism page to learn more about this religion. Exploring this website will also give you a good idea of who we are and the many opportunities for you to be engaged in a way that feels comfortable for you.
If you have attended the UUCSH for a while and have enjoyed your time here, please consider becoming a member.
Whoever you are, and whatever you’re seeking, there’s a good chance you’ll find it in this open-minded, friendly community.
P.S. Our sanctuary and fellowship hall are available to couples looking for a warm environment in which to celebrate weddings and same-sex commitment ceremonies that suit your religious traditions, including interfaith weddings. We also provide space for memorial services, small concerts, lectures, film screenings, support group and other uses. Please read our UUCSH Facilities Usage Policies.
From Route 28 East: Turn left on N. Gaston Ave and left turn on E. Cliff St. We are 2/10 of a mile down the road on the right (by the bridge).
From Route 28 West: Turn left on N. Gaston Ave. and turn right on E. Cliff St. Follow directions above.
From Route 22 East: Take the North Gaston Ave. exit. Turn right on E. Cliff St. and follow directions above.
From Route 22 West: Take the North Bridge St./Grove St. Somerville exit. Bear right at the end of the exit to cross back over Route 22. Follow the sign for Grove St. At the
stop sign, turn right onto Grove. Take the first left after the light onto E. Cliff. The building will be 2/10 of a mile down the road on the left (by the bridge).
For specific directions from your location, please click on the Google Map below:
Just a few reminders about Sunday parking at UUCSH:
- Our neighbors on Culver St. between E. High and E. Cliff Streets do not have driveways; please do not park in front of their homes.
- In NJ there is no parking on bridges or within 25 feet of a crosswalk.
- Please reserve spaces in the side lot for those with mobility challenges (special needs).
- If you are parking in the lot, please note that:
1) Traffic flows in only one direction around the building.
2) From the street, enter on the left side of the building (creek side) and exit on the right side.
3) From the parking lot, exit to the left (by the neighboring home). ONE WAY ONLY!!
4) Kids use the parking lot to run off steam during our coffee hour. Be very careful as you move your car in the lot.